Tuesday 31 December 2013

Quick Hitter #2

I quickly shared my teaching-coaching philosophy right out the box, but I never properly introduced myself and Team Hurricane.  Just who are we?

Founded in April 2013, Team Hurricane is a grassroots basketball program based in Bermuda that seeks to use the sport of basketball as a vehicle for positive change in the lives of young men.  We seek talented players (14-21 years of age) from all parts of Bermuda who have the talent, ability and desire to play basketball in a competitive environment.  We seek high character student-athletes who bring a commitment and joy to the game, as well as being distinguished for the integrity and class they bring to the sport, their families and their community.
 
Meet Team Hurricane:

Senior Players (High School Players)

The Rookies (Middle School Players)

The program is led by myself, Coach Doug Reed.   I currently serve as head coach of Bermuda’s U19 National Basketball team.  Prior to my involvement with Bermuda basketball, I served as Head Coach for the Emmanuel Baptist Church Warriors AAU Basketball Program (Brooklyn, NY), and Holcomb L. Rucker High School Varsity Boys Basketball (Bronx, NY).  I also served as Assistant Coach for the Boys Varsity Basketball Team at Manhattan Village Academy (New York, NY).

As a result, what will follow many times on this blog will be insights into the building of the Team Hurricane Basketball Program as well as our offense and defensive principles.  Not to mention just general thoughts and reflections on basketball concepts that I find to be inspiring.




No comments:

Post a Comment